MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to merge attachments and avatars
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

I'm having troubles merging the attachments. It keeps saying:

Inserting attachment #1... done. (Note: Could not find the attachment. Could not find the attachment thumbnail)
Inserting attachment #2... done. (Note: Could not find the attachment)
etc..

When I go to the merged forum, there are the attachment links, but they are not functional (show the [attachment=xxx] code but in text mode... nothing to download)

Should I upload the old attachment files to the forun I'm merging to? I tried but it didn't work. Please help, I couldn't find detailed info on this in the wiki. Undecided

And please help on avatars too, because.. I don't know if this is a bug, but after merging, I could find files in the uploads\avatar folder like:

Shouldn't it have a "dot" to separate the file extension?

I can't make the avatar & attachments works :/
Might help to include the board you were converting from
(2008-10-16, 04:49 AM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]Might help to include the board you were converting from

Hi, thanks for your response. Incuding how? I can PM you temp admin login for you to check.. is that what you mean? Smile

Actually, I'm converting from a fresh MyBB install with some test content (attachments, avatars, posts..) to another fresh install Big Grin

I'm testing the beta merge system to use it when it is official Smile
No, did you convert from IPB, SMF, phpBB, PunBB, vB, what?
Oh, sure.

I was converting from MyBB 1.4 Big Grin

Please guide me where should I manually copy the files to where or...?

Edit:

Bump Sad
Yes, you should be able to simply copy of the attachments (/uploads/) and avatars (/uploads/avatars/)