MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Html in profile fields!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Forum url: www.dotnxt.com
MyBB version:1.4.2
PHP: 5
MySQL: 5

Well I want to put some htmls through admincp in some custom profile fields...but they seems to get messed up & showing up without being persed!

How can I make those work?

# I don't want to make another thread for this, so my other question is, how to make a forum/category where people can't post in others threads but can see them?

Thanks in advance Smile
i bet the part that is not being parsed is the part enclosed in the fieldset

to fix this do not put any html in the TITLE of the custom profile bit...but u can put html in the description

also regarding your second query

the settings do not allow that a user can reply to only his threads and not to someone elses

for that you may need something like a diary plugin Sad
When you're creating a new forum, there are options for certain groups to only be allowed to read and create topics, and not post replies... this is probably the best way to go about it...

In regards to HTML, myBB parses it from custom profile fields as it could lead to anything being posted in them... so a workaround really does depend on what you're trying to accomplish!
[quote='Tom.M' pid='262068' dateline='1224156734']
When you're creating a new forum, there are options for certain groups to only be allowed to read and create topics, and not post replies... this is probably the best way to go about it...

In regards to HTML, myBB parses

Well I thought it would be figured out...lol...anyway, my objective is to complete the "Awards" system without overloafing my MySQL....so I wanted to do it as in vbulletin. The main hindrance came from the absence of "if" & "else" Toungue

Still I found a n workaround to keep it attractive, but the usage of custom profiles in MyBB is with limited features too, so it seems I have to satisfy myself with what I already have & I may not be able to upgrade it much more unless MyBB upgrades its administrative features to some good extent Smile

Thanks for all your comments...I will try to give my feedback about what I accomplished till now as soon as possible.

Regards
Hime