MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [F] mybb1.4.2 and PostgreSQL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Anyone successfully using mybb1.4.2 (or previous 1.4.x versions) together with Postgres ? I'm using Postgres 8.2.3 and successfully installed mybb1.4.2. I can log in as admin. Unfortunately I get a lot of SQL errors while performing various tasks. Examples:

Register a new user
MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
0 - ERROR: relation "mybb_userfields_ufid_seq" does not exist
Query:
SELECT currval('mybb_userfields_ufid_seq') AS last_value

Create a new group

SQL Error:
0 - ERROR: invalid input syntax for integer: ""
Query:
SELECT g.gid, COUNT(u.uid) AS users FROM mybb_users u LEFT JOIN mybb_usergroups g ON (','|| u.additionalgroups|| ',' LIKE '%,'|| g.gid|| ',%') WHERE g.gid != '' GROUP BY g.gid

Save a new group
SQL Error:
0 - ERROR: invalid input syntax for integer: ""
Query:
UPDATE mybb_usergroups SET type='2', title='SCO Staff', description='', namestyle='{username}', usertitle='', stars='0', starimage='images/star.gif', image='', isbannedgroup='0', canview='1', canviewthreads='1', canviewprofiles='1', candlattachments='1', canpostthreads='1', canpostreplys='1', canpostattachments='1', canratethreads='1', caneditposts='1', candeleteposts='1', candeletethreads='1', caneditattachments='1', canpostpolls='1', canvotepolls='1', canusepms='1', cansendpms='1', cantrackpms='1', candenypmreceipts='1', pmquota='100', maxpmrecipients='5', cansendemail='1', maxemails='4', canviewmemberlist='1', canviewcalendar='1', canaddevents='1', canbypasseventmod='0', canmoderateevents='0', canviewonline='1', canviewwolinvis='0', canviewonlineips='0', cancp='0', issupermod='0', cansearch='1', canusercp='1', canuploadavatars='1', canchangename='0', showforumteam='0', usereputationsystem='1', cangivereputations='1', reputationpower='1', maxreputationsday='5', attachquota='5000', cancustomtitle='0', canwarnusers='0', canreceivewarnings='1', maxwarningsday='0', canmodcp='0', candisplaygroup='' WHERE gid='8'

Anyone can help here ?

Thanks[/b]
What is postgres?? And what plugins do you have installed??
(2008-10-16, 03:18 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]What is postgres?? And what plugins do you have installed??

postgres = PostgreSQL is the database and I have no plugins installed (default 1.4.2 installation).
Is it just me or is that not in the list of databases to select on installation?? Huh
(2008-10-16, 03:32 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]Is it just me or is that not in the list of databases to select on installation?? Huh

It's just you. MyBB 1.4 came with PostgreSQL and SQLite support.
(2008-10-16, 06:05 PM)DennisTT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-10-16, 03:32 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]Is it just me or is that not in the list of databases to select on installation?? Huh

Would that only show on the list if it was installed on the server?? Because it wasn't on the list for me.
(2008-10-16, 06:12 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]

Would that only show on the list if it was installed on the server?? Because it wasn't on the list for me.

Yes.

For kvikkjokk, could you try this groups.php? Upload it to admin/modules/user/groups.php. It should fix the second and third problems.
(2008-10-16, 06:18 PM)DennisTT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-10-16, 06:12 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]

Yes.

For kvikkjokk, could you try this groups.php? Upload it to admin/modules/user/groups.php. It should fix the second and third problems.

Hi Dennis,
wonderful !!! #2 and #3 solved. Superb work. Any thoughts about #1 ?

Thanks for your support
Hi kvikkjokk

Just wondering, do you get the 1st error when a new user registers on the front end, and also when you try to create a user in the Admin CP?
Looks like the installation script forgot to create the proper sequences. For each table create a sequence using something like:

CREATE SEQUENCE mybb_userfields_ufid_seq
Pages: 1 2