MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need some help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello guys!

I'm going to use MyBB with MKPortal, but my MyBB is currently in my root directory. And to use MKPortal, I need to have it in a subdirectory.

Can somebody help me move my databases and everything to the subdirectory?

Help is really appreciated.
You don't 'move' the database as that isn't in FTP. The only think you'll have to change if you move your forum files is the URL to your forum and the cookie path in ./inc/settings.php
(2008-10-16, 07:27 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]in ./inc/settings.php
You don't need to do that. If your forum is already online, you can change the URL and cookie settings in the Admin CP just before you move.
Ah yes, then it'd cause an error but fix when the files are moved. I'm just used to having to edit settings.php whenever cookie are involved.
(2008-10-16, 07:40 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]Ah yes, then it'd cause an error but fix when the files are moved.

That's why I said "just before you move" meaning the last thing you do before moving the files.

If you read the top of inc/settings.php, it says:
/*********************************\
  DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE, PLEASE USE
  THE SETTINGS EDITOR
\*********************************/

We recommend everybody to use the Admin CP settings editor if possible, and to edit inc/settings.php only if necessary. It makes no sense to edit inc/settings.php when the ACP is accessible because your changes will only be overwritten the next time settings change.

There is no need to make things more complicated or more risky than the normal way.
(2008-10-16, 08:08 PM)DennisTT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-10-16, 07:40 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]Ah yes, then it'd cause an error but fix when the files are moved.

That's why I said "just before you move" meaning the last thing you do before moving the files.

Mm I know, I was just confirming what would happen after I realised your way was better.