MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Making our OWN browsers work with MyBB.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
No, it is your own browser, if you write the code yourself. You use components made by others in every browser - buttons, menus, contextmenus, scrollbars, textboxs, checkboxes and the humble label. Microsoft IDEs use a prebuilt web browser control that uses the installed Internet Explorer DLL or - when running in Wine - a Gecko substitute.

However, you still need to write code to make the various buttons and browser control work, as well as design the browser interface, which takes work (however little). and you are going to end up with something different than any browser out there, thus your own browser.

You can even write your own browser in HTML/CSS and Javascript/JSript/VBScript - but it would suck if you didn't want it opensource.
I'm guessing these "two minute browsers" are just containers for the IE ActiveX control? >_>
That is logic.

In every serious OS or Desktop Environment there should be public API for GUI.

I find that logic. Smile
Quote:I'm guessing these "two minute browsers" are just containers for the IE ActiveX control? >_>

Pretty much. With a back, forward, go and home buttons and an address bar. My first one was written in VB6.
Pages: 1 2