MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is there a way to include the nofollow attribute in signature links?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The title says it.

Thanks
I know there is a plugin for it, a forum I visted had it. Try asking in the plugins section or maybe someone has an alternative answer.
This plugin works:

http://community.mybboard.net/showthread.php?tid=3726

But it doesn't work if someone has two links in their sig, it will just nofollow one of them.
Ah, I see... you must include the code twice in the right places. Its possible! I cannot answer that one though, I can mod templates "Main index" So, someone else may be able to help you.
I have a plugin for signatures only at Mybb Central. If you want it just sign up there and PM me an email to send it to.
Yeah I hope someone can get me a solution. Also, I'd obviously want URLs of my own site to not have the nofollow attribute.

Labrocca, can there be a provision to exclude my own site's URLs from being nofollow'd? Answer this please, I'm going to sign up to Mybb-central in a bit.
Not sure about signatures, but see my post on changing URLs

Explains how to put in nofollow to an extent... Rolleyes
Thats an excellent post! I was looking for that since ages.

Do you think there is any way to avoid the URLs on the domain itself from being nofollowed?
(2008-10-17, 08:32 AM)TehCoder Wrote: [ -> ]Thats an excellent post! I was looking for that since ages.

Do you think there is any way to avoid the URLs on the domain itself from being nofollowed?

Not sure what you mean... do you mean every single URL on your domain? I'm not too sure whether that's possible without hard coding everything (as in going through and putting in the tag in every hyperlink)...

The problem with nofollow is that it only stops your ranking in search engines being effected - it still gives a referrer to the linked site. If you don't want anything to be indexed by engines - so basically it has no effect on your site whatsoever, is to do a robots.txt or meta with a nofollow instruction.

Robots Information
Quote:Labrocca, can there be a provision to exclude my own site's URLs from being nofollow'd?

I guess it's possible but why bother since this only effects sig links. You should have more than enough internal links to your own site as it is. Just think about the effectiveness of removing the nofollow in sigs to your own site? In a way..you might better off with nofollow being on. Too many internal links can also be detrimental to seo.
Pages: 1 2