MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MYSQL Error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi i cant work out what the is causing this error as it only happens from time to time. And with a few users. Iv heard some of my users complaining about it but not seen a copy of the error. Today i had this error

Quote:MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 's get there banner on rockhabbo v4 at some point. But wont be a main feature. ' at line 3
Query:
INSERT INTO mybb_posts (tid,replyto,fid,subject,icon,uid,username,dateline,message,ipaddress,longipaddress,includesig,smilieoff,visible,posthash) VALUES ('125','954','50','RE: Lets get creative!!!','0','1','upthevale','1224241408','Update - This thread will be closed at around 10pm tonight. Then Me and alice will go through the enteries to pick our overall winner. Please note if you dont win you may still appear as a runner up. All runner up's get there banner on rockhabbo v4 at some point. But wont be a main feature. If we dont pick you we are sorry. But dont be down hearted and we may contact you in the future to use your banner. "All banners will be referanced to your forum name so you can claim rightful ownership." ','82.16.206.125','1376833149','1','0','1','cab950bdcf33d4e7db05e1e3b7e3c50f')

Any ideas?
Was this post created by a plugin or modification (say a RSS poster or similar?)
nope all posts use the quick reply or new post function
Link to your forum and a test account? Also what version of MyBB are you using?
user: test
pass: test08
link: http://www.forum.rockhabbo.com
version: 1.4.2

please note this error doesnt happen all the time which is what makes it so strange...

try doing a long post im not sure if that triggers it.
Firstly, the post wrongly pluralizes runners up, but that is beside the point. Secondly, it appears that the apostrophe in runner up's terminates the SQL string. It should have been escaped in the SQL, either by doubling it or prefixing it with a backslash.

Even more interestingly, the SQL string starts with a single-quote, but wrongfully uses a double quote to terminate it.
I tried (using a ' in the post), but couldn't produce that, even with your supplied example.
You mentioned that this happens randomly - does this always occur with a particular message? If so, could you post the message?

(2008-10-18, 05:33 PM)laie_techie Wrote: [ -> ]Even more interestingly, the SQL string starts with a single-quote, but wrongfully uses a double quote to terminate it.
It's there at the bottom (on a new line) Toungue
ok if it happens again ill pass on new errors but as i said. its not always that it happens. as for laie_techie post. I do apologise for my bad grammer. but i like to edit my posts after using the quick edit.. dont ask why i just do lol. but since this error came i didnt lol

anyway.

i dont see why that should give a error like that
just as i spoke to soon i get this error below. is it the bex's thats causing it

Quote:MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 's banner. Because she managed to get it in very quick and i like it. if you want' at line 2
Query:
UPDATE mybb_posts SET message='Thx bex Smile we will be using bex's banner. Because she managed to get it in very quick and i like it. if you want to submit yours just post below and we may add a system were we rotate banners ', edituid='1', edittime='1224423899', visible='1' WHERE pid='1700'

Note: i tryed re-posting without the ' in bex's and it has worked fine. Is this somthing that can be fixed?????

also when u quote people this message comes up..
What plugins or modifications are you using?
loads of them.. ill get a list asap