MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forums, containing only read threads, suddenly shows as unread.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since my last huge upgrade of my forum (From 1.2.10 to 1.4.1) the read/unread forum indicator does not seem to work properly.

Sometimes when I log in there will be a few of the subforums that are indicated to contain new unread threads. However, when I click on the forum and go to the thread list, none are marked as new.

How this happens seem to be totally random, but it "smells like" its linked to posting of new threads. I.e. when a new thread is posted/edited, other subforums suddenly show up as unread.

This can happen even I am listed as the author of a thread, and even if I've read it many times before.

It's a small forum, with almost nothing going on, so its pretty easy to see that this is not just a case where I forgot if I read something or not.

I tried using the "mark this forum as read" for all the subforums, but after a few days the problem appeared again.

It happens to all users of the forum.

The forum is version: 1.4.2 (The last update did not solve the problem.)
PHP-version: 4.4.7
Running on MySQL 4.1.21
i have the same problem! is there no solution?
I'm not sure if theres a solution.

I looked around in the tables that store when users have read their threads. I also found out that some of the "thread read" info is stored in the DB, and some of it is stored on the users PC as cookies.

I cleared the tables and also told people to clear their cookies.

This seemed to work at first, but then it showed up again.
Later the problem somehow just dissapeared, although I still get it once in a while if I log on from a pc I haven't used for a while to visit the forums.
I also have same problem
It's been reported here but not much can be done without detailed reproduction steps.