MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrading to 1.4.2 from 1.4.1 - Installation Hangs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am currently running version 1.4.1, and have downloaded the 1.4.2 release directly from mybb download page and 3 times now after I have unzipped the files, moved them to my server and ran the upgrader, the installation just hangs.

I get the first screen for selecting what I am upgrading from. Then the IP repairs goes thru ok, but then on the next screen for performing queries or whatever after clicking next it sits there and then takes me to the error displaying page. 3 times now it has failed at the same location, and I mean I have downloaded, unzipped, copied and ran the upgrader.

I am in the process right now of restoring my directory.

Any ideas, help, etc would be greatly appreciated.

Kevin
I forgot to mention that the first time I tried this I downloaded the patch (changed files) from the post MyBB 1.4.2 Released - Maintenance and Security Update.

I downloaded the zip file, unpacked it, copied it to my server, ran the upgrader and the exact same thing happened, hung at same location mentioned above. Thats why I dowloaded the main download from the download site thinking there may have been an issue with the patch zip file.
What database are you running? Any chance someone can have access?
My site is hosted by Yahoo, and I'm running MYSQL.

I have just restored the database, restored the directory and now I can't even access the forum or admin cp. I get a blank screen, and that is all.

I'm stuck, my forum is down. When I upgraded from 1.2.12 the installation hosed my forum and I had to completely rebuild it. I do not want to have to rebuild it again.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

If you can work some magic behind the scenes I can give you my information to access what you need to try and fix this.

Thank you
fyi this is fixed for yaggieke.