MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Support for themes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Guys,

I know MyBB 1.4 converts current themes from MyBB 1.2 to 1.4. So I gave it a shot on my local computer. It doesn't seem to add all the new things available in MyBB 1.4. Such as the mod links, online status in users profile, etc. I was wondering if this something intended or a bug. Has anyone encountered such after upgrading?
Best Regards.
There are hundreds of bugs experiencing when trying to use 1.2 themes on 1.4 forums, its because of the template changes. There are even URL issues sometimes like the Last Post on the index.
(2008-10-18, 02:12 AM)Zash Wrote: [ -> ]There are hundreds of bugs experiencing when trying to use 1.2 themes on 1.4 forums, its because of the template changes. There are even URL issues sometimes like the Last Post on the index.

I just noticed those. Even the quick reply, and quote don't work. I guess it is a feature that shouldn't be added during upgrade until it is fixed.
1.4 just imports the theme CSS, not the templates.

Most styling and some options remain in tact, but we have to revert and re-implement the template changes (just like after any upgrade).
Forget about upgrading themes automatically, it won't do you any good.
Everything is messed up.
Gotta run to the find updated templates tool and then run the tool. Do note that any custom stuff you did will be edited to the updated version.
I was upgrading so I thought I'd try it out anyway. I'll just upgrade my themes manually when I have time.
Best Regards.