MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: GFX-Zone.co.cc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2008-10-19, 03:15 AM)GFX Zone Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-10-19, 02:47 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]If you're new to graphics, perhaps you shouldn't be owning a board about graphics?

hmm, well,

you've gotta start somewhere,

May I ask what you mean by having to start somewhere?

Honestly, after looking at your forum and seeing that so far regarding to graphics all you have is what you've taken from other sites (as in they're not your own work), then the fact that you're saying "hmm, well, you've gotta start somewhere", it looks to me like you thought you could just create a forum named "graphics" and expect folks with graphics knowledge to sign up and post their stuff!! Trust me, it doesn't work that way, for something like what you want your forum to be, you'd have to put an awful lot of hard work into it to try and make it work.....Just look around at other such forums, they didn't start off by someone thinking "you've gotta start somewhere"!!
lufbra you've made your point and now your going into your "im an banana" persona.

GFX Zone your site lacks content. A site without content doesn't go far. What do you provide for your guests? I would suggest making some basic tutorials and make a "learn with me" environment. That would attract people that want to learn with you. Even though im flattered you picked my theme. Its a bit dark for a "learn with me" environment. I would suggest something much lighter with more colors.

Look at some themes here:
http://mybbthemes.8ez.com/
http://www.mybb-themes.com/
http://www.audentio.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55

For content make tutorials (text tutorials or video tutorials). Once you get some content open your forums. People will join if they see interesting stuff.

That is all...
incadude, he was pretty much dead on. Not being an banana.

Maybe if the subject matter was quite niche (see: my site) you could get away with doing something like this, but with a forum about graphics ... there are so many amazing and well established graphics forums out there, it's a little arrogant for someone who clearly is very low on the graphics skill level chain (I suck but even I can tell this is unacceptable) to open up a graphics forum and expect it to succeed.

I've said it over and over, why bother starting a forum if you have nothing new to bring to the table?
Well, yes CLEARLY it wont succeed,

ive had it open for a couple of days, and no-one joined..

but, i will go with incadude, a make it a "learn with me" environment.

but, maybe, i should change the name of the site?
so, it wont sound like im a "Pro",

its not like im gonna quit graphics, but maybe i should just make my forum a
"General" forum?

post your thoughts please.
(2008-10-20, 03:51 AM)incadudeF Wrote: [ -> ]lufbra you've made your point and now your going into your "im an banana" persona.

Everyone here is entitled to show their opinion, too bad you can't be more mature about yours!
You all made somewhat helpful posts,

i will be sure to have my forums up to these expectations,
but, maybe i should brush up on my graphics before i make a GFX forum.

for now, im gonna make a "General" forum, but i will make sure it has more content & whatnot before i open it to the public.

but, lufbra, i dont know why you want incadude's opinion more "mature",

his post was VERY helpful, which will help me make a better forum,

but yeah, i will make sure i have "something new" to bring to the table, before i open a GFX forum.

thanks,

-GFX Zone
Pages: 1 2