MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Blank pages.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sometimes, when I post, there's like a 50% change that I will be sent to a 'Thank you for your post you will be returned to the topic', and then the other 50% it just sends me to a blank page.

Also, when I go to http://forums.thefreelancemind.com/userc...ddy&uid=10, it just sends me to a blank page and it doesn't do anything.

http://forums.thefreelancemind.com - My Forums
A temporary workaround until someone offers a better solution will be to disable Friendly Redirects in UCP > Edit Options. This won't fix the underlying problem but will mean you won't see the message that causes the problem anymore.

What browser are you using?? And does this happen only when posting or on other occasions when there's a Friendly Redirect??

And by the way, that first link works fine for me.
I haven't tried this with other things but the above and the posting, and I prefer to fix something than go around it.

As for the link working, that's probably because you were a guest and are viewing the No Permissions page. If you were a member, it would send you to the other part of the script and give you a blank page.

I'm using FF3 btw.
Hello? This is still causing problems...
(2008-10-18, 10:23 PM)Zash Wrote: [ -> ]Sometimes, when I post, there's like a 50% change that I will be sent to a 'Thank you for your post you will be returned to the topic', and then the other 50% it just sends me to a blank page.
Can you post the URL that you get redirected to? Also maybe a test user account on your forum?

(2008-10-18, 10:23 PM)Zash Wrote: [ -> ]Also, when I go to http://forums.thefreelancemind.com/userc...ddy&uid=10, it just sends me to a blank page and it doesn't do anything.

I don't recall this as being a default feature of MyBB...
Quick add buddy is indeed a plugin.
(2008-10-20, 07:32 PM)DennisTT Wrote: [ -> ]Can you post the URL that you get redirected to? Also maybe a test user account on your forum?
Ok basically when I post sometimes, it does everything, but it skips the redirect page and goes straight to showthread.php, but then it keeps on loading and eventually stops as a white page before i refresh it.

(2008-10-20, 07:32 PM)DennisTT Wrote: [ -> ]I don't recall this as being a default feature of MyBB...
Oh, is see, I got this from another thing. I guess I'll have to install that plugin Toungue
Here's an account.

Username: test
Password: test12345
Hi Zash,

Can you give some more information about how to reproduce this, such as the browsers you have tried, what steps you're taking to reproduce this (are you using AJAX quick reply, quick reply with no AJAX, full reply). Is it reproducible on other redirect pages, etc.

Thanks.
Alright, I'll post as normal, I'll update this page as needed.

Either way, for now I know:

Browsers: Just FF3
AJAX Quick Reply vs Full Reply: Doesn't happen on AJAX Quick Reply

I know its a redirection page issue, not sure whether it was a bug or the server just acting up.