MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: config.php Missing!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello i just downloaded the mybb Newst release and config.php is missing Confused or is it under a diff name.?
It's something like config.setup.php or something like that. Just look for something with the name config in it in the inc/ directory. Smile
(2008-10-19, 01:22 AM)dalton Wrote: [ -> ]It's something like config.setup.php or something like that. Just look for something with the name config in it in the inc/ directory. Smile

only thing i can find is config.default.php Should i rename it to config.php? and CHmod it to 777?

Figured it out. I renamed and it worked Thanks Smile
Actually, the installer will tell you to do just that...rename and chmod.
The installer will automatically rename it if it can
(2008-10-20, 04:56 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]The installer will automatically rename it if it can

From personal experience it does with Vista Panel but doesn't with CPanel. Just out of curiosity, why is it called config.default.php to begin with??
(2008-10-20, 05:07 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-10-20, 04:56 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]The installer will automatically rename it if it can

From personal experience it does with Vista Panel but doesn't with CPanel. Just out of curiosity, why is it called config.default.php to begin with??

Not sure how Vista Panel or CPanel relates to any of this.

It's named that because people sometimes overwrote their config.php with the blank one and that would cause them to have to manually recreate it. This way, that can't happen.
(2008-10-20, 05:12 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-10-20, 05:07 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]

Not sure how Vista Panel or CPanel relates to any of this.

It's named that because people sometimes overwrote their config.php with the blank one and that would cause them to have to manually recreate it. This way, that can't happen.

Well you said that the installer will automatically rename it if it can so I just said where it does and doesn't Undecided

Ahh ok, makes sense.
(2008-10-20, 05:14 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]Well you said that the installer will automatically rename it if it can so I just said where it does and doesn't Undecided

It depends on how Apache or your web server's set up or your filesystem permissions. Most likely if your server has Suexec setup, then the webserver will run as your user and will have the permission to rename and edit files without needing extra CHMOD operations.