MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Content encoding error on changing webhost
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
MyBB version 1.4.2 New Installation, Server Details:-
Apache version 2.2.9 (Unix)
PHP version 5.2.6
MySQL version 5.0.51a-community
Architecture i686
Operating system Linux

Steps I took to try changing my webhost:-
1) Shut off the application for isolating users' interventions, disabled all plugins, took database back up in plain text form of all tables, structure and data both.
2) Transferred all files of host1 to host2, altered config.php to appropriate entries of database.
3) Imported backup material into concerned database on host2. Successful import was done without any sort of error.
4) When I tried to see that discussion board (MyBB Application) by directing browser to http://phasor.info/phasor1 (which is the root directory for BB application) displayed me this error:-
[Image: Prob1.gif]
What should I do now? Please try assisting sooner, thanks for reading; it seems some server side issue may be but I was wondering if someone can help me out.
I think your new host doesn't support Gzip.
so go to your ACP and disable it.
(2008-10-19, 09:32 AM)pepotiger Wrote: [ -> ]I think your new host doesn't support Gzip.
Thanks a lot for your reply friend, but my problem is, since my coockie path is set to old, it is not allowing me to save my new changes in setting, I mean as soon as i click on save settings, it asks my admin username and password and return with nothing, it would be a great help if you can assist me with manual handling of coockie settings, is it done with settings.php or what?
Yep you edit them in ./inc/settings.php

Cookie domain should be .phasor.info
Cookie path should be /phasor1/

Then change them to that again in ACP > Configuration > General Configuration when you log in.

Smile
sorry for delay, do what exactly Matt_ said and you will be able to edit your forum settings.
Also, ensure that you have the correct CHMOD settings on all your files and folders.
[Wiki: CHMOD_Files] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
Thanks a lot Pepotiger, Matt_, rh1n0; it is solved & running well now, I was wondering why some tutorials here refer to some PHP scripts to create structure, when that backup option is available, I mean I might be wrong but I had all time bad luck with that dumper.php file suggested to be used Smile How are you Matt_, long time since had conversation with you!
(2008-10-19, 09:32 AM)pepotiger Wrote: [ -> ]I think your new host doesn't support Gzip.

Where do I have to disable this?
ACP > Configuration > Server and Optimization Options > Use GZip Page Compression? > NO.
thx so much