MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can't change post layout
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I'm running MyBB version 1.4.2
I can't change the post layout, when i select the classic layout and press Save setting, i get the message "The settings have been updated successfully.", but nothing changed, the posts have still the horizontal layout.

the url of my board; http://dark-angels.net46.net/forum/index.php

I can provide a test account if necessary, with ACP access.

Thanks in advance
This isn't a bug. The ACP setting only changes what guests and new users see. Registered user will see what the setting in their UCP says, no matter what the ACP settings says.
Oh great....ur right.....another useless act by me :p

Thanks anyways Matt_
Is there a particular postbit style you don't want to be used at all?? If so, I can tell you how to make one unavailable.
Yes, i want the Horizontal layout thingy gone
Ok, if you want it gone for good, the method I really like is this... open your template set and find the postbit templates. The one called 'postbit' is the new horizontal layout, and the one called 'postbit_classic' is the old vertical layout. Simply copy all the code from 'postbit_classic' into 'postbit', and then both templates are exactly the same. So, whether the user has the option to show the classic postbit in their CP set to yes or no, it'll always show the classic postbit, as they have the same template. And then if you do ever want it back, you can just revert the 'postbit' template.
Got it, thanks man Cool
You can also remove:

<tr>
	<td valign="top" width="1"><input type="checkbox" class="checkbox" name="classicpostbit" id="classicpostbit" value="1" {$classicpostbitcheck} /></td>
	<td><span class="smalltext"><label for="classicpostbit">{$lang->show_classic_postbit}</label></span></td>
	</tr>

from usercp_options so people don't try and change it and wonder why nothing changes Toungue