MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [B] User Group Stars
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm not sure whether this is a bug, I may just be doing something wrong, but... in my theme settings, it says that the images come from /images/ meaning the star for profiles will be star.gif, and that's fine, but then when I edit the star image location in the user group settings, to an image called star.png in the same folder as star.gif, it still shows star.gif - so basically the star image set in the user group settings doesn't override the one set in the theme settings, and surely the point of having one in the user group settings is that it is different from the standard star image for that theme??
As far as I remember there is no theme setting for usergroup stars... You'll have to show me a screenshot of this...

Have you tried refreshing your usergroups cache?
Well not a theme setting for stars, sorry bad wording... what I meant was the theme settings have a setting for the image directory (/images/) which has the star.gif image in it.

Rebuilding the cache didn't fix it.

Basically the theme settings say the images should come from /images/ which has star.gif, and in the usergroup settings I've told it to use star.png, also in /images/, but it still shows star.gif. So the star setting in the usergroup settings doesn't overrule the star image from the theme.
What happens if you try to name it something else completely, e.g., "mycoolstarpic.png"
Ah nevermind, I'd mistyped the /images/ for the star path in the user groups. What a fool Rolleyes

Time to put a big fat [B] in front of this Toungue
I too have had issues with the star thing - but can't work out how I had trouble before. If I come across it again I will report it.

For now, big fat [B] it is. Smile