MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: IE Register error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
OK this was alerted to me just by a guest to my forum.

You can register fine in FF
But when you come to registering with IE it says passwords dont match and they do.

Iv tested this with many forms of password and for some reason it wont work.

Firefox it works fine

forum link

www.forum.rockhabbo.com
From memory this is just an IE bug. You can always set it to send a random password so people can always register.
im sure many of my users regisertd in ie be4.

but ill set it to do that then
Well it's a temporary fix that doesn't fix the real problem but does at least allow people to register. I think it's either a JS or AJAX problem... there's a few threads on the subject, try and see if there was a fix in any of them. IIRC however there hasn't been a hard-and-fast fix for it for IE.
Yeah, since IE7, there has been numerous bugs occurring with javascript and ajax. Hopefully Microsoft will get on the same page as other major browsers with these issues
yer.. it doesnt bother me personally as i use firefox Smile

IE8 hopefully should be better
IMO IE will always be poor. I tried to use IE8 earlier to try to edit a post, first the edit button wouldn't do anything, and then when I got the text area up, it crashed whenever I put the cursor anywhere. IE should be scrapped.
IIRC, this will be fixed in 1.4.3
It's a problem with your theme. The quick-login in your custom theme has the same "username" and "password" boxes as the registration form, and IE is getting confused between them.

(2008-10-20, 05:05 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]IIRC, this will be fixed in 1.4.3
For the default theme. Theme authors will have to update their theme to fix this issue.
(2008-10-20, 05:05 PM)Ryan Gordon Wrote: [ -> ]IIRC, this will be fixed in 1.4.3

I'm using 1.4.3. and I still have that error for the users that use IE. People told me that their friends tried to register and they weren't able.
As I understood, this was fixed for the default theme, right? Could you please tell me what to do in order to make it work with a custom theme too?
I would really appreciate your help!
Pages: 1 2