MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What Do You Love About The Internet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
For me it has to be the flexibility the Internet offers, I can now easily do things or stay in touch with friends from anywhere in the world. What about you, what do you love about the net?
Freedom and the fact that information about pretty much everything is available at the click of a few buttons. Smile

Though, for Australians freedom may not last very long.. Sad
What's going on in Australia?
What!? That's absurd! I cannot believe a country as civilized as Australia would allow such a thing. Is there any protests going on about this?
(2008-10-20, 08:08 AM)rh1n0 Wrote: [ -> ]Umm - http://www.infoworld.com/news/feeds/08/1...?source=gs
That. Sad
Hu! Good luck! lol.

I am not really worried, it is the first time i have heard of this and i suspect most Australians haven't so as soon as it does gets out the whole idea will get cut down to size. Our current government generally bows easily to public pressure so i can't see them standing up for it. Not to mention that the Article only says "experts predict" and this has not actually been confirmed so i wouldn't worry.

Even if it does get passed it will fail either way whether they do it at a computer level or an ISP level. If they do it at an ISP level people will compare it to the great firewall of china and there will be a huge backlash, not to mention the fact that thousands of illegal sites start up daily. Doing it on a computer level would be even more ridiculous and i would not be worried at all considering i run Linux but even if they did make one for linux there is no way they are making one for all the different types of phones that have internet access.

Back on topic:

As rh1n0 said, the thing i like is the freedom. I can view information about pretty much anything that takes my interest, i can talk to pretty much anyone i want to and all for free! I love learning about computers and in particularly programming and just find the internet such a great and irreplaceable resource. I just love having everything at my fingertips really.
I also like the freedom.

Quote:http://www.infoworld.com/news/feeds/08/1...?source=gs

And lolz at that. Last time our government tried to filter internet use, a kid (rh1n0, if I'm allowed to name names) got around it in a few hours.
there is a lot of reasons why I love the internet.
the main one is.
learning become an easy task. just google the term. and save some bookmarks and tech your self!
Pretty much the freedom of it and the wealth of information there is
First time I've heard that too. Meh, it's not going to work well. Even if it does, Start -> Run -> putty -> double-click server in US -> type password -> right-click Foxy Proxy -> use SSH tunnel, I'm through.
Pages: 1 2