MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Help with merge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,
due to my love for myBB (Toungue) I decided to convert my boring FireBoard to myBB1.4.

I know that it takes a lot of time and various steps...

So, first of all I converted FireBoard to SMF: all ok: posts, threads and users can log-in into SMF forum.

The second step: conversion from SMF to myBB 1.2 with the merge tool...

And now the problems born... I installed mybb 1.2, and activated the plugin for login. After that, done the merge procedure with mybb php script. All threads and messages are copied successfully on mybb but there is a problem with login: members can't login in myBB!!

So I tried with the new beta version of merge. This time it don't give me any error but after login a blank page appears (but on url bar it appears the member.php file).
If I disable the plugin, the message "wrong password" appears...

If i remove the plugin of beta version and activate the plugin of "stable" version, the same problem (wrong password). The same if I disable this plugin...

How can I do??? I don't want to ask every user to change its password... Undecided

Thanks in advance.

Paolo
from Italy
FireBoard probably uses passwords that MyBB doesn't support in the plugin - I would suggest you tell members to use the "password recovery" feature
I've solved!! I had to put the plugin in the inc/plugin directory but WITHOUT activating it!! Smile
(2008-10-21, 10:25 AM)PaVi90 Wrote: [ -> ]I've solved!! I had to put the plugin in the inc/plugin directory but WITHOUT activating it!! Smile

er, then it does nothing