MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Usergroups
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
In 1.2 there was a usersgroup unregistered / not logged in.
I have 5 people who belong to this group, because they want to have delete their account and I do not want to loose all settings and post (by deleting account).

This usergroup is still in the list of usersgroup but I cannot change the Additional User Groups, Primary User Group and display usersgroup to this in the profile of the user because it is not there in the list.
Anybody an idea how I can solve this problem.
Or how I create a new group for people who are allready a member.
I want to have a new group for some of my members who ask me to delete their account.
I want that this members can't login anymore, but I do not want to ban them or delete their account.
SO if they once wanne come back, what happens me twice, I only had to change the usersgroup.
Just create a group with no permissions at all and put them in that.
Put them in the guest group? Although they will be able to login, they will have no other permissions that you allow to a guest... so there would be no point in them logging in...
Sorry Matt, that does not work.
I also tried to restore the cookies, but every time a member can login.

I create a new group called guest (there is not a standard group guest, Tom), guest only can read threads and posts but not login.
This guest I gave:

Primary User Group

Additional User Groups
Awaiting Actvation

Primary User Group
Awaiting Activation

I also switch between this user groups (change guest in awaiting actvation and awaiting activation to guest) but still this user can login.

So again
I want to give a user the setting that they cannot login anymore (called example guest) without loosing any setting of them so I can easily set them back.
How exactly doesn't it work?? Huh You make a group that has no permissions, and then change their primary group to that group... not a lot that can go wrong with that.

I don't think there is a way to not allow them to log in though, mainly because hardly anyone would have a use for it I assume.
Quote:I don't think there is a way to not allow them to log in though, mainly because hardly anyone would have a use for it I assume.

Strange the most important is impossible. In 1.2 I did it with 4 users. But some how that did not work anymore, that was where I start this thread with.

WHat you say by creating a group with no permission I allready did. I only give them the permission to read.

When they wanne login I must have the message for example like sorry you are not a member anymore. Visit the forum as visitor or guest.
So they cannot login.

So a member with the permission as guest that also cannot login.
Pardon my ignorance but what's wrong with just banning them?? They won't be able to do anything logged in, so they'll have to be a guest. I just don't see the point in removing their right to log in when you can just ban Huh
I think Matt's right... what's the point in a "Allow user to login?" function...

A way to get around this is to move them into awaiting activation, and then force them to reactivate their account if they even want to come back (therefore, when they do reactivate they're moved into a group with permissions).

You could also select the "Can view board?" option, which will give them a permission error when they do login.
Banning is something what a administrator do.
This member wants to have deleted their account.

A few members ask me this to do this also a while ago.
The reason for that was because they had problems with other members.
We deleted their account, but after a while she came back because that member that make problems with her was not be online for a long time.
She asked her to activate her account again because she was still in the list as member. It took us a a while to make everything work, those changes we had to do in the database.
After deleting it is not a member with all information that is stored in the database only the usersname is a word (not a link).

http://community.mybboard.net/thread-26334.html
http://community.mybboard.net/thread-36224.html
Pages: 1 2