MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Trying to promote a member to Super Mod
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Everytime i click Save Changes i get the following message:

"The following errors were encountered:

* The password you entered as confirmation does not match the original one. Please confirm your password correctly.
* The language you selected does not exist. Please select an existing language."
Can you change the password when not trying to promote?
(This way you'll be sure the password is correct)
Im not understanding your question. but iv tried to change the password but to no avail
Here is one way to gain control.

1) Create a new user with a password you can easily remember, or even better, the same password which your friend thinks is correct.
2) Go into your database and find both the 'password' and 'salt' for the brand new user.
3) Copy into notepad
4) Find and 'Edit' the record for the real user you want to promote.

Now the password will match what you're expecting it to be.
(2008-10-21, 03:13 AM)MCII-Totality Wrote: [ -> ]Everytime i click Save Changes i get the following message:

"The following errors were encountered:

* The password you entered as confirmation does not match the original one. Please confirm your password correctly.
* The language you selected does not exist. Please select an existing language."

1) Make sure your browser has not accidentally "automatically filled in your password".
2) Is a bug in MyBB 1.4.2. Choose an actual language for the user instead of "default".
(2008-10-21, 07:08 AM)DennisTT Wrote: [ -> ]1) Make sure your browser has not accidentally "automatically filled in your password".

Just to expand on that a bit, sometimes a browser will put in your username and password into the username and password field of the user's settigs if the browser remembers your log in details. Always make sure the password field is empty, and that the username box has their current username.