MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What do you think of this idea for my site?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Making the user CP just like the admin panel?
Yes a folder just for her with allot of options. No more old usercp.php page?

P.S
Just in case u misread it is not about mybb Toungue
Umm... what? More information please?
User CP, like ACP? What? How should we know if we don't have enough information about it. (we can't read minds over the internet, not yet at least. Rolleyes)
Im thinking of rewriting the whole page to look like an ACP
(2008-10-21, 07:19 PM)dikidera Wrote: [ -> ]Im thinking of rewriting the whole page to look like an ACP

why
If you have that much information to give them in that format then sounds fine. It all depends on what your site is about and how your content is structured.
Keep in mind if you do this you will probably break a lot of plugins that would use the modcp templates. And updates related to the modcp won't play nice with a highly customized theme. This is really true for any theme that does a real redesign of mybb templates. Unfortunately most forum softwares work this way so it's not unique to mybb. A forum requires structure and a side effect is customizing can break that structure.

Good luck though. I know if you decide to do this...it won't be easy at all.
(2008-10-21, 12:33 PM)dikidera Wrote: [ -> ]P.S
Just in case u misread it is not about mybb Toungue
For the misreaders Toungue

Anyway i will soon be testing 1.4 for the first time and when i look thru the whole code and understand how it works then will i be able to make mods
Quote:Just in case u misread it is not about mybb

Oops...looks like I misread. Smile

btw..now that mybb is gnu/gpl you are free to actually use their code in a project..they have some awesome functions and classes imho. I might base a project off it myself one day. I love their structure.
Yes but there is another payed software that also has their features but a bit modified to work perfectly as i need it