MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Heavy Modded
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello

First i really like MyBB! But i have a question. I want to mod my MyBB full. But when i have a lot of mods installed can i update safe without any problems.

Almost thanks

OmarM
Upgrading to another 1.4.x release with 1.4.x plugins shouldn't cause any problems at all Smile I've upgraded fine with ~30-40 plugins before.
Ok thanks! Was that on 1.4 becoze i really want to see you forum then =P. And antother question i want to make an modded version that i don't have te whole time to install. So like a database that i can export and then import it to al my other databases?

Sorry for my really bad Engelish.

Omar
If you want an example of a heavy modified 1.4x version.

http://www.hackforums.net
http://www.mybbcentral.com
http://www.webmasterforums.biz

Pretty much only major version upgrades break plugins (1.2x->1.4x->1.6x) 1.4x was recently released and so far I see no plans on a 1.6x update soon.

It should be a problem to create your own version with mods installed. The key will be to export your database and save your file structure. Then after install edit inc/config.php and inc/settings.php to your liking. Now you must enter admincp and alter the settings.php there and save it so the settings.php will be correct to match.

Oh and also make sure you have at least your admin account created.

That should do it.
Wow nice! Is hackingforums one of your productions? I've already an account there =D. But i got one question again. Is there also a option so you can download only the code edits from a new version?

Or can ou better deactivate you plugins and update?
(2008-10-21, 07:51 PM)OmarM Wrote: [ -> ]Is there also a option so you can download only the code edits from a new version?

Yes each upgrade has a "changed files" package which is usually posted on the release announcement. However, please note some upgrades require running the upgrader to update templates, settings, and database structure.
Quote:Wow nice! Is hackingforums one of your productions? I've already an account there =D.

Yes that's a site I birthed so to speak. And I wonder how many people have come to mybb because of that site? I know that with each popular site that runs mybb more admins want to use it.
A year ago i want something like IPB and i say MyBB and it was perfect =D.

Quote:Yes each upgrade has a "changed files" package which is usually posted on the release announcement. However, please note some upgrades require running the upgrader to update templates, settings, and database structure.

Ok and when you have to do the last thing stand that then in the readme?

Almost thanks

Omar
(2008-10-22, 07:04 PM)OmarM Wrote: [ -> ]A year ago i want something like IPB and i say MyBB and it was perfect =D.

Quote:Yes each upgrade has a "changed files" package which is usually posted on the release announcement. However, please note some upgrades require running the upgrader to update templates, settings, and database structure.

Ok and when you have to do the last thing stand that then in the readme?

Not sure what you mean by that...
(2008-10-22, 07:04 PM)OmarM Wrote: [ -> ]Ok and when you have to do the last thing stand that then in the readme?

It will be posted in the release announcement whether or not you need to run the upgrader.