MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: pr2 vb style posting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I took PAOLO90 code and started playing around with it. Then I was playing around with the original code and came up with this finished product Big Grin

I'm not finished with it yet I'm still checking if I'm missing something but the way it looks now everything looks good. Smile

To the postbit I added the code for quote,pm and stuff like that at the bottom of the picture you will see.

(I don't even know what I was doing I was just taking code from the original and the code that paolo made)

postbit
<tr>
<td class="$altbg" width="100%" valign="top" nowrap="nowrap"><div align="left" style="float:left;">$post[useravatar]</div><div align="left" style="float:left;"><span class="largetext"><a href="member.php?action=profile&amp;uid=$post[uid]">$post[username]</a></span></strong><br />
<span class="smalltext">
$post[usertitle]<br />
$post[userstars]
$post[groupimage]<br /></div>
<div align="right" style="float:right;">
<span class="smalltext">
$lang->postbit_posts $post[postnum]<br />
$lang->postbit_group $usergroup[title]<br />
$lang->postbit_joined $post[userregdate]<br />
$lang->postbit_status $post[onlinestatus]<br /></div>
</span>
</td></tr><tr>
<td class="$altbg" width="100%" valign="top">
<table width="100%">
<tr><td class="trow">$post[posturl] $post[icon]<span class="smalltext"><strong>$post[subject]</strong></span>
<p>$post[message]</p>
$post[attachments]
$post[signature]
<div style="text-align: right; vertical-align: bottom;">
<span class="smalltext">$post[postdate] $post[posttime]</span><br>
$post[editedmsg]
$post[iplogged]
</div>
</td></tr>
</table>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="$altbg" width="100%" valign="middle" height="18">
<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
<tr valign="bottom"><td align="left" ><span class="smalltext">$email$pm$www$find</span></td>
<td align="right" nowrap="nowrap"><span class="smalltext">$edit$quickdelete$quote$report</span></td>
</tr>
<tr valign="bottom">
<td align="left" ><span class="smalltext">$post[button_email]$post[button_pm]$post[button_www]$post[button_find]</span></td>
<td align="right" nowrap="nowrap"><span class="smalltext">$post[button_edit]$post[button_quickdelete]$post[button_quote]$post[button_report]</span></td>
</tr>
</table>
</td>
</tr>
I want to change the border color from white to blue but I don't know where to put the color code Sad

I'm talking about the border line that seperate where my nick is and the body of the post.
Username should be to the right of the avatar not on top. Not sure how PAOLO90 had it before, but that's the way it is in vB.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=153879
I was able to get the avatar like the one in vb but I couldn't align the text to the right Sad

I moved the highlighted text to where is at now and with that I was able to get it to align just like in vb on the left but not the right Sad

[code]<tr>
<td class="$altbg" width="100" valign="top" nowrap="nowrap" align="center"><a name="pid$post[pid]"></a>
<strong><div align="left" style="float:left;">$post[useravatar]</div><span class="largetext"><a href="member.php?action=profile&amp;uid=$post[uid]">$post[username]</a></span></strong><br />
<span class="smalltext">
$post[usertitle]<br />
$post[userstars]
$post[groupimage]<br />
You can use a table with 2 columns to put the avatar on the side of the user info.
Thanks PAOLO,

I updated post on top with new code and picture

What I don't know what to do is space alittle the avatar from the member info.
put cellpadding into the userinfo by <td style="padding:2px;"> Smile
I put it in many places but all it does it break the table Sad I even used 1, 2 padding and zero
I don't think it was working since I am using 2 <div align="left" style="float:left;"> for the avatar and the text
<tr>
<td class="$altbg" width="100%" valign="top" nowrap="nowrap"><div align="left" style="float:left;">$post[useravatar]</div><div align="left" style="float:left; padding-left:10px;"><span class="largetext"><a href="member.php?action=profile&amp;uid=$post[uid]">$post[username]</a></span></strong><br />
<span class="smalltext">
$post[usertitle]<br />
$post[userstars]
$post[groupimage]<br /></div>
<div align="right" style="float:right;">
<span class="smalltext">
$lang->postbit_posts $post[postnum]<br />
$lang->postbit_group $usergroup[title]<br />
$lang->postbit_joined $post[userregdate]<br />
$lang->postbit_status $post[onlinestatus]<br /></div>
</span>
</td></tr><tr>
<td class="$altbg" width="100%" valign="top">
<table width="100%">
<tr><td class="trow">$post[posturl] $post[icon]<span class="smalltext"><strong>$post[subject]</strong></span><hr />
<p>$post[message]</p>
$post[attachments]
$post[signature]
<div style="text-align: right; vertical-align: bottom;">
<span class="smalltext">$post[postdate] $post[posttime]</span><br>
$post[editedmsg]
$post[iplogged]
</div>
</td></tr>
</table>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="$altbg" width="100%" valign="middle" height="18">
<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
<tr valign="bottom"><td align="left" ><span class="smalltext">$email$pm$www$find</span></td>
<td align="right" nowrap="nowrap"><span class="smalltext">$edit$quickdelete$quote$report</span></td>
</tr>
<tr valign="bottom">
<td align="left" ><span class="smalltext">$post[button_email]$post[button_pm]$post[button_www]$post[button_find]</span></td>
<td align="right" nowrap="nowrap"><span class="smalltext">$post[button_edit]$post[button_quickdelete]$post[button_quote]$post[button_report]</span></td>
</tr>
</table>
</td>
</tr>

Okey. I did a little modification off it. Added a new line under the post subject, It's that way i see it in the vB style so.
And moved the name and so on a bit off the user avatar. 10px away.
Pages: 1 2 3