MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Registration: "Checking if username is available" doesn't work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
MyBB Version 1.4.2

PHP Version 5.2.5

SQL Engine MySQLi 5.0.67

Host: Godaddy.com

Site: chattforum.com

While registering a new account, after inputting the user name, the "Checking if username is available" pops up. It isn't able to check whether the user name is available. The "Checking if username is available" line stays up continuously.

If it isn't easy to diagnose how to fix the problem, is there an easy way to just remove the ability to 'check if a username is available' so it never pops up?
My feeling is that this is due to the forced advertisements by GoDaddy.

<success> is available</success></object></layer></span></div></table></body></html><!-- adsok -->
<script language='javascript' src='https://a12.alphagodaddy.com/hosting_ads/gd01.js'></script>

Thanks for your quick response! Smile

Do you know if there's a way to take off the check?
Try disabling AJAX. I'm not sure if the registration page is covered by that but it's worth a try. Right now I can't find the setting but I'm sure it's been mentioned somewhere.
I'm not too familiar w/ ajax, so I'm not sure how removing it would affect the rest of the forum. I couldn't find how to disable ajax anyway..

Can I remove the code for the "Checking if username is available" pop up?
None of the other AJAX functions will probably work properly anyway. You can disable it at Admin CP --> Configuration --> Settings --> Server & Optimization Options --> Enable XMLHttp request features?
That worked. Thanks! Smile
What else will this disable ?
You already have a thread on this, please do not bump a year and a half old thread when you've already got one.