MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Questions about warning system
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In the groups there are these options:

Quote:Warning System
Can send warnings to other users?
Can receive warnings from other users?
Maximum warnings allowed per day:

Now I want to confirm that "can send warnings to other users" if set to YES will use the "maximum warnings allowed per day". I just have to assume that the max warnings is how many a person in that group can give. I am going to enable this so gonna see how well it does.

Also is this max warnings based on points or just the quantity they can give.
Correct - It's just the quantity they give
Yeah got it worked out. I must say that this setting:

Quote:Allow Custom Warning Types?
Allow a custom reason and amount of points to be specified by those with permissions to warn users.

I think it should be set by group instead of global. I am giving a VIP group the ability to give up to 2 warnings per day to help self-moderate the forums. I don't want them to be able to give custom warnings since they might give too many points for BS infractions BUT...I still need my own warnings and my Super Mods too. Admins should at least have full warning ability. Too often I find that the Admin group is hampered by a global setting which shouldn't effect the group. Admin should really be excluded from all of these minimums and such. Examples are the flood control which already allows for admins to be excluded. Would be nice to see that expanded into other areas.