MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to add user to a group?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I can create a new group and add the group leader (not me or admin). How do I then add the group leader as a group member and other group members. I've looked at the User CP and AdminCP and I am stuck. A very basic step, but it does not seem obvious to me.

thank you.
ACP > Users & Groups > **choose user** > Profile > Primary User Group.

You also have to choose a language that isn't 'Default' under Account Settings, otherwise you'll get an error.
First it appears that you must make yourself a leader of the Group.
Second go to your UserCP
Under "Group Memberships" and under "Groups You Lead" and under the Group you wish to edit click on "View Members".

This will allow you to manually add the user to the group. You can then remove yourself as the Group leader.

Is there any more straight forward way for the Site Administrator to add users to a Group? This is method is pretty convoluted.

Is there a way to automatically make the Site Admin the leader of Groups without displaying this on the interface?
(2008-10-22, 03:44 PM)acherwinski Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any more straight forward way for the Site Administrator to add users to a Group? This is method is pretty convoluted.

Yes the way I just said works fine. Just change their group directly in the ACP.
Thanks Matt - I thought I could only change the Primary Group in that method - I see my error now. Thank you for the very quick and helpful response.
A