MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Moderator unable to add new thread?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello
I've got a sub-forum that I want only the named moderator to be able to post new threads. All other participants are restricted to a custom group and can only post replies.

The moderator now appears to be prevented from added new threads. Do I need to create a second custom group with one member - the moderator - to be able to assign new thread permission to that group? I thought the moderator would have implicit permissions.

Thanks for all your help. I have really found the hints and advice provided by this community and forum uniquely helpful.

Alan
I think if you want only a specific member to be able to post, you have to put them in their own group and make it so only that group can post in that forum.
Thanks Matt - I knew that would work as a solutions, but thought there might be an easier way around the requirement.

It is interesting that naming a user as a forum moderator does not provide any default permissions.

The moderator/users is the only named moderator of the forum and also a member of the "moderators" group. I thought maybe the forum could match the named moderator to membership in the "moderators" group and allow only that user to moderate that forum.... . I don't want all moderators to have this permission across the entire site.

In my situation it looks like each forum will require a participants and moderators group to manage the permissions.

Thanks again for your help.

A