MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Max Avatar Size
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Would there be any consideration given to raising the max avatar size?

100x100 is quite small these days, resolutions are getting higher ... 120x120 is more common. And 10kb is quite small as well.
IMHO avatars should be small for such a forum as this.....It's bad enough that they allow "custom titles" which stretch the pages!
(2008-10-24, 03:26 AM)lufbra Wrote: [ -> ]IMHO avatars should be small for such a forum as this.....It's bad enough that they allow "custom titles" which stretch the pages!

I agree, but the avatars don't even approach filling the user bit.
Personally, I'd prefer it if the 70x70 downscale was turned off. I think 100x100 is fairly standard - it's the size on many forums out there. In my experience, more "personal" forums generally go for larger avatar sizes.
What I think would be good would be for users to be able to decide how big the avatars show. No idea how hard that would be or if it'd be worth it though Toungue
That's actually a pretty good idea. In terms of complexity, it's actually not hard...
(2008-10-25, 01:54 AM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote: [ -> ]That's actually a pretty good idea. In terms of complexity, it's actually not hard...

I know MyBB doesn't resize the image before upload and resizes it using the image width and height. Could be easily done.
(2008-10-25, 01:54 AM)ZiNgA BuRgA Wrote: [ -> ]That's actually a pretty good idea. In terms of complexity, it's actually not hard...

Smile Well I think it'd just give a bit more control. Then people like Brad can have them larger, and people who like it how they are now, can have them the size they are now.
i just want everyone to enjoy squirtle shooting a beyblade as much as i do