MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Where to adjust form submit button color?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey everyone!

How do I edit the color of the "Go" text in submit buttons on the theme I am using? Here is a screenshot:
[attachment=1339]

Does anyone know if I go into the mysql database, or something else? Thanks!
You can change the formatting of buttons via css. Just ad to the additional css box of your theme something like
input {
background:#cccccc;
border:1px solid #009900; 
padding:2px;
}
Please note that this will also change the formatting of all forms. If you want to change the buttons and nothing else you have to insert a class to the buttons in your templates like
<input class="button" type="submit" value="Post Reply" tabindex="2" accesskey="s" />
The CSS would be something like
.button {
background:#cccccc;
border:1px solid #009900; 
padding:2px;
}
Thanks for your response! It seems that when I tried your first code, the Go button text color still stayed blueish:
[attachment=1340]

Is there anything else I can try?
Could it be that the text is colored blue by your browser? In your CSS the text color is set to black:
textarea, input, select, object {
	color: #000000;
	font-family: Verdana;
	font-size: small;
}
I tried it with IE, Firefox and Opera and all of them show black colored text on the button.
Hmm..that is odd. I will have to see. Thanks!
Ahh...if you went to my website you would have seen a theme different from the one I am customizing. Is there anything else I can do? Thanks!
Have you edited the color in your theme?

Take a look at the box for form elements (it's nearly at the bottom) and check out if the text color is set to #000000.
Yes, it is set to #000000. If you like, I can send you the theme file.
Thanks for sending me the file. I imported it into my local MyBB copy and the color of the text on the button is black (tested with three browsers). Rolleyes
There's the class "btn" in the extra CSS box of your theme and the colors seem to be the ones used for the button. Take a look into the portal templates, maybe you inserted it by mistake? I can't look at it because you did not export the templates of the theme...
Hmm...you may be right about the thing being actually in the template itself. When I looked around, it seems that the button shows up in that color on other pages like search, and more as well. I looked into the template files, but still could not find anything. I will send you the complete theme with the template files now. Thank you again for all your help!
Pages: 1 2