MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Rebuild topic table after merge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am in the process of converting from phpBB3 to MyBB and merging several of my phpBB forums into one big MyBB board. This is a pretty exciting feature of your software. Big Grin See? Exciting!

One of these forums is missing around 200 topics. This is a fault of phpBB3, not MyBB, but these are important topics, and between them several thousand posts are inaccessible.

The posts are still there in the phpBB forum, but the backups made by the previous webmaster all cut off before the phpbb_topics table. By cobbling together a proper backup I made of what was left of the broken site and these old backups, I have managed to get the majority of the data back and the site in mostly working order (aside from the missing topics).

I would like to restore these topics. I have a few questions about this

1. Will the merger transfer over these posts even if the topics are missing?
  2. Is there an existing script, plugin, or ACP tool which can repair my topics table and re-insert the missing topics?
  3. If not, would someone please assist me in restoring these topics by providing such a script?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
1. Yes
2. No, not that I'm not aware of
Should I take this to general 1.2 support then, since the merger is no longer a relevant factor?