MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SQL error - new registration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone,

SQL Error: 
1054 - Unknown column 'subscriptionmethod' in 'field list' 
Query: 
INSERT INTO mybb_users (`username`,`password`,`salt`,`loginkey`,`email`,`postnum`,`avatar`,`avatartype`,`usergroup`,`additionalgroups`,`displaygroup`,`usertitle`,`regdate`,`lastactive`,`lastvisit`,`website`,`icq`,`aim`,`yahoo`,`msn`,`birthday`,`signature`,`allownotices`,`hideemail`,`subscriptionmethod`,`receivepms`,`pmnotice`,`pmnotify`,`remember`,`showsigs`,`showavatars`,`showquickreply`,`showredirect`,`tpp`,`ppp`,`invisible`,`style`,`timezone`,`dstcorrection`,`threadmode`,`daysprune`,`dateformat`,`timeformat`,`regip`,`longregip`,`language`,`showcodebuttons`,`away`,`awaydate`,`returndate`,`awayreason`,`notepad`,`referrer`,`buddylist`,`ignorelist`,`pmfolders`,`warningpoints`,`moderateposts`,`moderationtime`,`suspendposting`,`suspensiontime`,`coppauser`,`classicpostbit`,`dst`) VALUES ('test_user1','d11054c4dad0c3ea293bbd1505e4b27b','VBNiWQWZ','QLJwyZuqtAJPRiLHf8AdLhrfOCQKbidX8pRHAFlJe6dRCb8UBH','[email protected]','0','','','5','','0','','1224804080','1224804080','1224804080','','0','','','','','','0','0','0','0','0','0','1','1','1','1','1','0','0','0','0','-5','0','linear','0','','','96.231.157.103','1625791847','','1','0','0','0','','','0','','','','0','0','0','0','0','0','0','0') 

Recently upgraded to 1.4 and now I get an SQL error when I attempt to do a new registration. I've removed all plug-ins from the previous version.

My forum URL: http://www.ma240sx.net/forums/

Any suggestions?
It appears that the upgrade didn't go successful. My first suggestion would be to try upgrading again.
Upgrading from 1.4 to 1.4? Will the forum software allow it?
If it were me I'd go back to 1.2.x files and database and begin again like that.
(2008-10-24, 09:27 AM)Nexus Wrote: [ -> ]Upgrading from 1.4 to 1.4? Will the forum software allow it?
Sorry, I'm assuming he upgraded from 1.2.x to 1.4.x. If that's the case, I suggest trying to redo the upgrade process from 1.2.x to 1.4.x.
I got what u ment....if he has 1.4.x now (not successful but upgraded), and try's to upgrade, he can't upgrade to anything but 1.4.x, and were back again at 1.4.x to 1.4.x :p
Thank you for the replies. sorry to confuse, let me clarify....

This error happened after an upgrade from 1.2.xx to 1.4.2.

I have some new posts already made on the forum and I would like to back them up, but it appears that the database is different from 1.2.xx to 1.4.2.

Do I really have to revert back to the DB from a week ago and start over?

*sigh* My main concern now is retaining posts, threads, forums and user accounts if I have to do this.
If you have a 1.4 database, it can't be used with 1.2, so you have to go back to the last 1.2 backup. Just upgrade the last backup from 1.2 you have, it's the best you can do.
Silly me, I was too stressed when I made my initial post that I forgot I knew a little MySQL.

There were some rows missing from the table...my solution was a simple insertion of the new rows. In case anyone else runs into this issue, here is the SQL query:

ALTER TABLE `mybb_users` ADD `subscriptionmethod` INT( 1 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0';
ALTER TABLE `mybb_users` ADD `pmnotice` INT( 1 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0';
I was thinking about suggesting simply adding the fields, however, if the upgrader didn't add them, the most likely situation is that it didn't run properly.

If the above works fine for you, then that's good, though I'd suggest double-checking other parts of your board to be sure that nothing else is broken.