MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Get is of most populat threads (i.e. most viewed)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Guys,

How can I get a list of most popular threads (i.e. most viewed rather than most replies) on my forum page, after the first table showing the subforums?

Using MyBB 1.4.2.

Cheers Simon
You're probably best of searching sites that provide plugins for myBB. Check out the myBB Mods page or some of the more popular 3rd party sites, like mybbcentral.com...
Done that. Looked throughout the MyBB Plugin Section and Community Bulletin Board Threads. I also searched Google, etc.
Probably need some custom coding if it hasn't already been made. Depending on how your PHP is I guess you can sort of do this...

$query = $db->simple_select("threads", "*", "fid = '".$forum['fid']."'", array("order_by" => 'views', "order_dir" => 'DESC')); 
$popular = $db->fetch_array($query);

That's a myBB query that will sort by views and return the values under $popular. I haven't tried this out but I'm sure I'll get round to it this morning...

Edit: Actually, I got this working on my site but not my forum - best option is to ask in the Requests forum here for a plugin.
Doesn't the Overview plugin have a most viewed threads column??
(2008-10-24, 08:58 AM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]Doesn't the Overview plugin have a most viewed threads column??

He said per-forum... I thought that was for the entire site...?...
Ah yeah, nevermind then Toungue