MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: CVS access for the brave
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Now that Mybb is GNU/GPL...I was wondering if opening up the CVS download would be next? For the brave it would be nice to be able to grab the latest package as well it might help in finding bugs by providing access to anyone that wants it.

Any official response we can get on this?
We actually don't use CVS, we use SVN. But from what I know, there's no plans for making the SVN public in the near future.
If I'm wrong, someone correct me.

Hope that helps.
And if you are talking about "nightly snapshots" I don't think we have plans for them in the near future either.

Please remember, the GPL license only applies to releases. It has no stipulations on the development and processes associated with it.
To make the answer clear: No, not yet, if at all. We're busy with other things at the moment so a decision won't be made on this for a while as it isn't top priority
(2008-10-24, 05:51 PM)DennisTT Wrote: [ -> ]And if you are talking about "nightly snapshots" I don't think we have plans for them in the near future either.

Please remember, the GPL license only applies to releases. It has no stipulations on the development and processes associated with it.

Yeah nightly snapshot is what I mean. I have never used a SVN program before as there hasn't been the need. At one point I recommended mybb consider using sourceforge as it's repository. It would save bandwidth and server costs as well as keep it up 100% of the time. Plus that's possibly even more exposure for the software.

Well..maybe in the future as I know mybb has their hands full at the moment. Where has Chris been btw? Been missing his presence here.
SF only hosts "free" software. We weren't "free" until a few days ago. Smile
Quote:Well..maybe in the future as I know mybb has their hands full at the moment. Where has Chris been btw? Been missing his presence here.
I'm still here, still actively been reading the forums - just looking after the project management these days. Wink
Sorry for bumping.

But i think that you could give read-only access to SVN to everyone, something as "Nightly Builds"