MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: is there a way to change the word thread tothe word topic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
is there a way to change the word Thread to the word topic in forums e.g post new Topic instead of post new thread? etc
Well the post new thread is a button so you would need to create a new theme and then create a new button that said "post new topic".

When you create the new theme you would create a new folder to store the images in. Then in the theme editor you can set the directory where it should look for all the images.

If the post new thread button is the only button you want to change then you can just replace the current "newthread.gif" located in the images/English/ folder with your own "newthread.gif" that really says "new topic"

As for the places where it has "thread" in plain text you will need to edit the templates themselves. Just go into the appropriate templates and change thread to topic. The hardest part is figuring out which template you want to edit.

The way I do it is go to "view source" in your browser. Look at the html and it will say what templates it is using for each section of code. Then just do a search for "thread" and jot down what templates it is using.
Quote:As for the places where it has "thread" in plain text you will need to edit the templates themselves. Just go into the appropriate templates and change thread to topic. The hardest part is figuring out which template you want to edit.
Most of the English strings are in the language files, i.e. in /inc/languages/english/ Smile
Tochjo Wrote:
Quote:As for the places where it has "thread" in plain text you will need to edit the templates themselves. Just go into the appropriate templates and change thread to topic. The hardest part is figuring out which template you want to edit.
Most of the English strings are in the language files, i.e. in /inc/languages/english/ Smile

oh awesome heh. Even easier =)