MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Newbie setup questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've just installed MyBB and it's very good indeed.
There are 3 options that I've yet to find how to address.
I hope someone can answers my questions.

1) How can I get rid of the English (Amercian) language option. I would like UK English please.
2) The admin refers to a Welcome box which I have activated. How do I eeit the text in the welcome box? I can't see it anywhere.
3) After each submit action or login, there is a really annoying confirmation box. Can this be disabled so it just actions the request instead of congratulating you for clicking a button?

I've come from a Snitz ASP Forum which disappears in the shadows compared to the features of MyBB. Well done to all.

Ware - England - UK
Blush
Ok - I've had a closer look and I've answered 2 of my 3 questions.

1) There is an option in General Configuration to Show Language Selector in Footer.
2) Still No Idea
3) Friendly Redirection Pages in Server and Optimization Options

So - I'f anyone has a suggestion about the Welcome Box text - that'll be rather fabulous.
Not too sure what you mean by welcome box... is that a plugin or the "Welcome back, {username}" area?

If it's the welcome back area, go to "Configuration" and then on the left, select "Languages". Edit the language pack, and then edit global.lang.php.

Find welcome_back and change it to whichever you want.

I think there is an English (UK) language pack - try and use the search function here to find it...
What would be the difference between English US and English UK anyway?? Might be easier to just change the name of it Toungue
(2008-10-24, 12:52 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]What would be the difference between English US and English UK anyway?? Might be easier to just change the name of it Toungue

Colour and Color... tomato, tomato... Rolleyes

Some people are fussy, to be honest, I haven't seen any noticable differences between the two...
Tomato is spelt the same however it's pronounced Wink

If there are any differences it'll be much easier, and more efficient, to just change the few language strings that are different.
(2008-10-24, 02:59 PM)Tom.M Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-10-24, 12:52 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]What would be the difference between English US and English UK anyway?? Might be easier to just change the name of it Toungue

Some people are fussy, to be honest, I haven't seen any noticable differences between the two...

(2008-10-24, 03:57 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]Tomato is spelt the same however it's pronounced Wink

If there are any differences it'll be much easier, and more efficient, to just change the few language strings that are different.

neighbour
colour
labour
authorisation

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_an...ifferences

(2008-10-24, 11:10 AM)the_shopkeeper Wrote: [ -> ]So - I'f anyone has a suggestion about the Welcome Box text - that'll be rather fabulous.

If you had to "activate" a plugin to get your "welcome box" then you'll have to ask the author of the plugin.
(2008-10-24, 06:33 PM)DennisTT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-10-24, 02:59 PM)Tom.M Wrote: [ -> ]

(2008-10-24, 03:57 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]Tomato is spelt the same however it's pronounced Wink

neighbour
colour
labour
authorisation

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_an...ifferences

Yeah but how many of those different words are used here Toungue I admit there may be difference, I just don't see the point in creating and releasing a whole new language pack for the few differences there may be.
(2008-10-24, 06:39 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]I just don't see the point in creating and releasing a whole new language pack for the few differences there may be.

Maybe you don't, but the author of the English UK Language pack does.
(2008-10-24, 06:39 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah but how many of those different words are used here Toungue I admit there may be difference, I just don't see the point in creating and releasing a whole new language pack for the few differences there may be.

Those Americans... we give them independence and they change everything!... (joking, joking... of course you invented it!)

I had the idea of creating UK regional language packs, but never had the time to create one... like a Cumbrian one... "Ya'll reet marra, ow's fettle??"... or a Geordie one - "Howay man, canny te see ya"...

Shy
At one point in time I created a jibberish package just for fun Toungue Never released it though Toungue

But anyway we're way off topic.

@original poster: please let us know what welcome box you're talking about.
Pages: 1 2