MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SITE DOWN [Fatal Errors After 14.2 upgrade ISSUES] Support Request]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can someone help me with the fatal error , i received:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function hidetags() in /misc/25/000/109/788/8/user/web/mysite.com/inc/class_parser.php on line 179

if i click on my threads or member , in the who's online, i get these Fatal Error
showing up.
It Happened after upgrading from 1400 to 1.4.2

I dont want to post my url here to my site because of the indexing of my site will turn up here as a link to my site.
and other issues.
if my url is needed pls contact me thru a PM, and i will provide the url to my site, and any more info needed...

does anyone know hwy this happened?
what did i do wrong?
the only thing i can think of is:

I ftp'd the existing php files to the area with all the folders after ftp'ing the changed files???
is that the problem or is it with a plug in?
Make sure you've replaced all the existing files with the changed ones. The best thing to do is to revert to a backup and then redo the procedure.

Search Engine's crawling abilities isn't instant, so you could always post the URL anyway.

The way you've explained it - seems odd. You ftp'd the changed files, and then ftp'd the old files back? If that's the case, then of course it won't work...

Rolleyes
nope , sorry for the confusion.

I had extracted and opened the folder 14.2 changed files

next, i ftp the individual files to where they replaced the same identical files.

next, i ftp the remaining php files to the main area with all the other sites folders that were in the changed files folder.

I cannot revert.... by undoing the overwriting of the files.....

What i need is to find out why im getting the error i am getting.

and finding out how to correct it.

Also, your advice is WRONG, on indexing... they are at my site right now! and it has been done before... so dont go tell nobody that it takes time,,, it may take time but if it is listed here, it will get index'd here, been there done that already!
Basically, the function "hidetags()" doesn't exist in your system, therefore the page can't continue to load without it. This function is found in class_parser.php

A way around this is to upload the most up to date class_parser.php file which has the function in. Hence, the probability that you haven't uploaded all the newest files...
hmmmm?

there are four folders in changed files folder, they are as follows:

admin

inc

install

jscripts

then there's a list of php files under these folders

where do these get ftp'd,,, maybe this is the mistake i have made? i ftp them to the sites main folder area?

I will Re-install all the files and folders again... IM starting to wonder,,, what is the problem????

if Upgrading from 1400 to 1.4.2, is a patch or anything between other than the 1.4.2 changed files needed???? or only the 1.4.2 changed files folder?

do i need to get 1.4.1 patch or installed first???
NOW, I got another ERROR, when i go to my URL site,,, a blank page with an ERROR!

Fatal error: Call to undefined function my_strpos() in /misc/25/000/109/788/8/user/web/mysite.com/inc/class_error.php on line 162

WTH, is this?
Just to post what I put in my PM, basically, the only option is to upload all the changed files and run forum/install/upgrade.php again. It's your only hope if you have no backups...

Undecided
thats exactly what i did ,now my site disappeared!

and have another error....
fk!
looking for this file: Fatal error: Call to undefined function my_strpos() in /misc/25/000/109/788/8/user/web/mysite.com/inc/class_error.php on line 162

where to look for my_strpos ??? and wondering what it was for or is for?
Reupload your inc/functions.php

The hidetags error is from a plugin (perhaps the "Hide Tags" plugin? Smile )

If you're upgrading from 1.4.0 to 1.4.2, I suggest you reupload the entire 1.4.2 package available from www.mybboard.net/downloads because if you just use the changed files package, you'll miss the updates from 1.4.1.
Thanks , dennis, , hopefully I didnt make things worse by now! UUUUgggghhhh...ly!