MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [F] Ban length [C-Michael83]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
More of something to be improved upon than a bug.

If you add a new warning level, and choose to ban, the options for ban length are Hour(s), Day(s), Week(s), Month(s), and then Never. Surely 'Never' should be 'Permanent', as I assume that option it meant to mean it never expires. Just might be confusing for some people if they can set a ban length to never.
(2008-10-24, 02:04 PM)Matt_ Wrote: [ -> ]More of something to be improved upon than a bug.

If you add a new warning level, and choose to ban, the options for ban length are Hour(s), Day(s), Week(s), Month(s), and then Never. Surely 'Never' should be 'Permanent', as I assume that option it meant to mean it never expires. Just might be confusing for some people if they can set a ban length to never.

I suppose it's opinion... in plain english, it will read "Expires: Never". Although I do agree with you lol - it should read "Permanent" to make it easier for people to understand.

Toungue
Well the setting name is 'Ban Length', and a ban length can't be never. It either has a permanent length or never expires.

[attachment=11451]
Forever is also suitable.
Thank you for your bug report.

This bug has been fixed in our internal code repository. Please note that the problem will not be fixed here until these forums are updated.

With regards,
MyBB Group