MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New User Group Security Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I have a forum where certain groups are restricted to viewing certain forums. For example, I create a user group called ugroup1. I want them to only be able to access forum1. ugroup2 can only access forum2, etc. I have no problems setting these permissions. The problem I'm having is when I add another usergroup, say ugroup3, they are automatically given full permissions to forum1 and forum2 by default. I don't want to have to modify the permissions on all my forums whenever I create a new user group. Is there any way to set up the system so new user groups are given no permissions by default?

Thanks!
make a group that can't view forum. than create a secondary group and copy the settings from the first than give them permissions to the forum and make a 3 group use the settings from one and go on.
That kinda works. In order for the new groups to have any access to the system, I have to give them the "Can view board?" permission under the "Forums and Posts" tab of the user group. As soon as I enable this option, that group now has read access to all newly created forums by default. If I uncheck the "Can view board?" permission, they have no access to any of the forums.

The same problem occurs with searching. In order to enable the search capabilities of myBB, the user group must have the "Can search forums?" permission on the "Forums and Posts" tab. This also gives them access to search all newly created forums by default.

Please let me know if I am missing something...

Thanks!