MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Apache2 upgrade (ACP errors)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My host recently upgraded to Apache2 and now I'm getting '403 forbidden' errors when trying to access anything in the ACP.

Has anybody else ran in to this and if so, how did you fix it? Smile
Here's an update on the problem. I thought maybe it was mybb's .htaccess file but after disabling (renaming) it I still get 403 errors.

An example would be:
I can access /admin/index.php?module=config just fine.
Trying to access /admin/index.php?module=config/settings gives me a 403 forbidden access error.
Try CHMOD'ing your admin folder (and all files in it) to 755 and see if that helps, otherwise, you need to contact your host to resolve the issue.
Also please take a look at [Wiki: Help:mod_security] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
It was definitely mod_security. Thanks guys.
Glad you got it working! Smile
I think I have the same problem as the OP with the 403 error, but it does not seem to be caused by mod_security as the error logs don't show anything about mod_security and whether I have the recommended .htaccess files in the appropriate directories doesn't make any difference. I can give you access to my ACP as I will be reinstalling myBB before the site goes live anyway. Just PM me. Thanks for your help.
Make sure your normal .php files are CHMOD 644 and folders CHMOD 755 (the folders and files that need to be writable must stay at 777/666)