MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrading- performing queries problem :(
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i am gonna be mad.
every way i tried brought me just frustrated.
i have a big mybb forum with big database.
i use 1.2.14 version but while i am upgrading my forum it shows the same problem with this thread - (Problem)
so i tried everything but the result is always nothing Sad
i dont want to lost all my threads , messages , and of course my members.
if i cant be successfull at upgrading to 1.4.2 i will close my forum. pls help me
my members are unwilling to close my forum Sad
my forum is www.herseymevcut.com
Have you done what is suggested in that thread by Ryan G and others?

Edit: Please do not PM for general support matters.
yeah of course even i changed my host.
but nothing happened.
i talked someone who is genious at php code (to me) . he says you have many users. this problem may be about your members.
are they(members) the source of my problem ?
any suggestion ?
any help ?
still no answer Sad
i have same problem please help i have 23400 users.
Ryan is right in his original post. Unfortunately, this is a mix of you having a large amount of work to upgrade and your host.

In PHP, there is a default timeout. So, if something is running for over 10 seconds (for example), the host will terminate the script and it will stop it from working. The same for memory size - if a script uses over x amount of memory it will be terminated. You need to discuss with your host the best way to get around this.

One (manual) way to do this is quite long-winded. Basically, it's not step-by-step, and involves lots. I upgraded a 75,000-member IPB like this, so you get the picture.

You need to take a backup of everything and bring your site down if possible. You need to first delete members (except one - yours), posts and topics and then run the script. This will upgrade the majority of your database to 1.4, as the bulk of the upgrade is taken up converting members, posts, topics etc. - take a backup here - then revert back to the original database.

Then you need to do it bit by bit - delete members and posts and forums (keeping topics) - run the upgrader. Backup, revert again.

Now delete members and topics and forums (keeping posts) - run the upgrader. Backup, revert again.

Then, delete posts, topics and forums (keeping members) - run the upgrader.

This should mean that all tables are upgraded in the first run - forums are updated in the second - topics in the third - posts in the fourth and members on the fifth. Then, you need to splice the backups together.

Delete posts, topics and forums from your most recent upgrade, and then run SQL queries from the backups from these tables.

Yes, it's an absolute pain and can take hours. That's why it's recommended you contact your host - even if they just give you temporary changes.
The other work-around is to install XAMPP on your own computer, configure PHP to not timeout or terminate the script, install your forum temporarily on your own computer and run the upgrade procedure. Then once that is done, re-upload the database and files to your server and you will be able to successfully run the upgrade procedure.

Yes it is a pain, but if that is the only thing do...