MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyCoppermine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Well.... What should I start off with?
- Gallery
- Reviews
- Blogs
Personally you created a hype with this, so i'd start with the gallery. Reviews would be new and needed aswell.
Okay then! A gallery it is...
It will take a while tho. I have school for another week then i'm off. I'll get most of it done then.

Key Features would be...
- Comments
- Restrictions

Should every user have their own gallery, or just one big gallery which users can upload to?
(2009-10-04, 03:43 PM)MyBB Workshop* Wrote: [ -> ]Okay then! A gallery it is...
It will take a while tho. I have school for another week then i'm off. I'll get most of it done then.

Key Features would be...
- Comments
- Restrictions

Should every user have their own gallery, or just one big gallery which users can upload to?

it would be nice if there was 1 large gallery, but each user on the forum was allowed to have their own space..where they'd login to the gallery and create their own albums and sub-albums and upload their pictures and etc...sorta like the vbulletin and ipb galleries.
Why would you want to build a new gallery plug-in/add-on when Coppermine has a working bridge and is a program that is coded kind of old school (to me at least) but works very well. Let those developers maintain Coppermine and work on the main CMS portion yourself.

I just finished with a full integration (users, groups, theme and dynamic ads) of Coppermine into MyBB including the use of cpmFetch to put random and last added on the portal and last added on the forum index.

http://www.pavementsucks.com/portal.php

You can get a sneak peak at my garage mod as well. Need to update some icons, but its basically done.
Nice garage plugin. I'm only going with a completely new gallery plugin to extend my knowledge of PHP. I think it would be much easier to work with aswell, seeing as i'm developing it for MyBB, unlike Coppermine.
Well, if you piggy back of existing myBB attachment and image functionality, it makes it a lot easier. That is what I did for my garage plugin. I copied the functions_upload.php file and tweaked it as needed for a new folder and permissions/settings from the plugin.

I'd let the admins create multiple general albums and their own user galleries and let users with permissions build their own. One album per user would make less work and easier maintenance. Album owners can decide if they can be viewed by the public, viewed with password or fully private.

Consider enabling automatic watermarks to be added during upload.
Any update?
Not yet. Been too busy with school right now.
No problems. :0
*Smile GRRR
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8