MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyCoppermine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
(2010-04-26, 08:38 PM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-04-26, 07:41 PM)justinhyns Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Wow nice plugin can't wait till it releases! Could you post any kind of shot screen tho? I would love to see it!

Just install Coppermine 1.4 and use this MyBB 1.4.x bridge file -

Demo - Pet Photos

does the coppermine bridge use the mybb accounts to sign into the gallery?

can you set albums up per each mybb forum user? can you set group quotas?
yes the bridge file lets you use mybb groups and user login/member page/logout pages. you need to tell coppermine to use the bridged groups in one of the settings and that is all.

coppermine will give users the chance to create their own albums if their group allows private/personal albums (versus public albums which the admin can create)
(2010-04-26, 08:38 PM)AJS Wrote: [ -> ]
(2010-04-26, 07:41 PM)justinhyns Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Wow nice plugin can't wait till it releases! Could you post any kind of shot screen tho? I would love to see it!

Just install Coppermine 1.4 and use this MyBB 1.4.x bridge file -

Demo - Pet Photos

Thanks Smile
I will try it Toungue
I have what is probably a really silly question.....how do I install this Coppermine into my site? Do I just upload the file to the plugins? or somewhere else? Sorry I tried to find something that told me but I couldn't
Download Coppermine and follow the documentation. It's not a plugin, it's seperate software that you then bridge with MyBB.
Ok may I ask where the suggested documentation may be found? I looked for a read me file or similar but couldn't find one. Oh and while I'm asking the novice questions....how do I bridge it? I noticed there is a folder with this name within the downloaded ones....
(2010-05-19, 12:59 PM)mysticalvampyre Wrote: [ -> ]Ok may I ask where the suggested documentation may be found? I looked for a read me file or similar but couldn't find one. Oh and while I'm asking the novice questions....how do I bridge it? I noticed there is a folder with this name within the downloaded ones....

There's a folder called docs in the Coppermine download, the README in there explains how to install Coppermine. Once you have that set up bridging with MyBB should become clearer. Smile
Thanks heaps!! Finding wonderful people like yourself on these forums makes it all the learning worthwhile!!
(2010-05-19, 01:17 PM)mysticalvampyre Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks heaps!! Finding wonderful people like yourself on these forums makes it all the learning worthwhile!!

No problem, if you need anymore help just yell! Smile
I have a few questions if anyone can provide some answers for me.

Can I set up MyBB and Coppermine so that users cannot create their own galleries? I would like users to be able to submit a photo and then that photo be approved by an admin.

Does Coppermine use the MyBB theme? I'm using the Afresh Black and would like the gallery to look as much as possible like the forum.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8