MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Avatar Issues Still
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am still not having any luck in solving this issue. I have been going nuts trying to figure it out and fixing it but with no luck. Here is where it was being attended to until a few days ago > Avatar Problems and haven't seen a reply since except from my friend that I hijacked the thread from...Sorry Squirrely couldn't help that one Angel

So here is s screen shot of what the error I am getting if this will help....
well for some reason I can't attach anything with the attachments here. Sad OK

[Image: avatarissuepz7.th.png][Image: thpix.gif]

Now I re-uploaded the error file and still nothing is working so do we have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance Smile
CHMOD permissions? The avatar directory needs to exists too - go to "Tools and Maintenance" in your ACP and look at the bottom... is everything ticked green?
(2008-10-25, 03:15 PM)Tom.M Wrote: [ -> ]CHMOD permissions? The avatar directory needs to exists too - go to "Tools and Maintenance" in your ACP and look at the bottom... is everything ticked green?
Yes CHMOD's are set like they are suppose to at 0777 and everything is ticked green however I just noticed that in front of all of the directories there is a ./

Configuration File ./inc/config.php Writable
Settings File ./inc/settings.php Writable
File Uploads Directory ./uploads Writable
Avatar Uploads Directory /uploads/avatars Writable
Language Files ./inc/languages Writable
Backups Directory ./admin/backups Writable
Cache Directory ./cache Writable
Themes Directory ./cache/themes Writable

There isn't a . (dot) in front of the /uploads/avatar one but still the avatars still are not showing up in the threads no matter what I do and can't even upload a url it says invalid url which isn't correct it is valid and I use them all the time.
There should be a . in front of it. Go to Configuration, and edit Server options. There's a settings for Uploads Path. Make sure it is set to ./uploads (NO trailing slash!)

Fingers crossed...! Rolleyes
(2008-10-25, 04:17 PM)Tom.M Wrote: [ -> ]There should be a . in front of it. Go to Configuration, and edit Server options. There's a settings for Uploads Path. Make sure it is set to ./uploads (NO trailing slash!)

Fingers crossed...! Rolleyes
The uploads does have the ./uploads already it is the
/uploads/avatars that doesn't have a dot in front of it but regardless there are no avatars except in the user cp. not of post or forums
The Avatar upload path is found in "User Registration and Profile Options" settings. The default settings for the Avatar Upload Path is ./uploads/avatars. Change it back if it's different...
OK I now have the . (dot) in place, which now allows me to upload avatars etc. However the avatar is still only showing up in the usercp and not in the forums or the post. Any other suggestions?
http://www.sobrietyrebuilt.com/forums/im...%20059.gif

What have you changed? Avatars belong in uploads/avatars/ folder not images.

You may have incorrectly screwed up the first few members.
(2008-10-25, 11:36 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.sobrietyrebuilt.com/forums/im...%20059.gif

What have you changed? Avatars belong in uploads/avatars/ folder not images.

You may have incorrectly screwed up the first few members.
I took those out and haven't uploaded any of them back and I put them into the default avatars. However I have taken them out and uploaded only the origional set in which even using them they are only showing up in the user cp's not in the forums or the threads. The issue isn't the avatars upload it is them not showing up in the threads for the members.

I just joined also under another user name and still nothing as far as avatars in the post or threads they only show up in the user cp's

If the avatars belong in the upload/avatars and not in the images than why are they in there? I downloaded the software from here and that is where the avatars are located is in the images file.

Really all I want is the avatars to show up in the post? That is what I am wanting
Oh..those are Default avatars. I thought you mean uploaded avatars.

As for the upload problem...did you chmod the uploads and the avatars folder 777 each? They both must be 777 for uploads to work.
Pages: 1 2