MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Change around the default skin...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
(2008-10-31, 02:17 AM)Zash Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-10-31, 02:02 AM)DennisTT Wrote: [ -> ]I'm willing to bet some people hate the colour blue.

I don't hate it, but its definitely overused.

It's only overused because no one hates it. Blue is like the only color that makes everyone some what happy. There is a reason it's probably the most used color on the web. Because it can't be to dark or to bright or girly ,or not girly. It just works for everyone.

I mean if we had a dark skin as default that would turn off people who like light skins. If we had an even lighter skin it would turn off people who like dark skins. Blue is a good middle ground for everyone. Plus MyBB is like the easiest system in the world to change colors for.
I think we could use lighter blues. Smile
Blue is definitely popular for a reason. It's universally pleasing. My current layout is heavily orange, but the next is blue with orange accents. It's just easier on the eyes.
i hate the defaut skin, i don't know why but i hate them ... i think a great skin is the ipb pro skin, that looks great, i don't know why but looks really great

xD
I think the default skin makes mybb look like its some forum software in its early development stages (blue and greys don't mix well). needs more of a professional look. thats probably why it turns off some users from trying it out.
Just as you don't judge a book by its cover, you shouldn't judge a forum software by its default theme. But hey I'm in the world of dreamland apparently.
(2008-10-31, 09:39 PM)DennisTT Wrote: [ -> ]But hey I'm in the world of dreamland apparently.

Then Include me in it. Toungue
(2008-10-31, 09:42 PM)rcpalace Wrote: [ -> ]Then Include me in it. Toungue

Out of memory in namespace Imagination.
(2008-10-31, 08:33 PM)Bless Wrote: [ -> ]I think the default skin makes mybb look like its some forum software in its early development stages (blue and greys don't mix well). needs more of a professional look. thats probably why it turns off some users from trying it out.

Grey works perfectly fine with blue. If you don't like the default theme, change it. -- Exactly what everyone should do so every site is unique. Look at most of all the MyBB forums out now. They nearly all use the Afresh theme. I'm sick and tired of seeing it wherever I go.
Best Regards.
(2008-10-31, 09:44 PM)DennisTT Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-10-31, 09:42 PM)rcpalace Wrote: [ -> ]Then Include me in it. Toungue

Out of memory in namespace Imagination.

Dang it! I'm too late. Toungue
To be honest I think this theme is fine, better than most of the other forum software's default themes. And yeah, if you don't like it, get rid of it, and I agree everyone should change it, not because it's bad, but like rcpalace said, to make your site unique.

One thing that I did pick up on though is how there's 2 themes for the ACP but only 1 for the actual forum... I didn't think something not viewed too often or by too many people would have more choice than the main forum.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6