MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Admin panel not working - 404 error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I'm running the latest versions of the mybb (NEW INSTALL), php, and mysql.

I can login to my admin panel just fine. I can click on any of the main links and it shows. For example, I can click on Templates & Style which loads the sub-menu for that.

However, anytime I try to click on anything in the sub-menu, I get a 404.
For example, if I click on import theme, the url it goes to is:
http://throughtherain.net/forum/admin/in...ion=import

Which ends up w/ a 404. HOWEVER, If I take out the /themes part in the url making the url:
http://throughtherain.net/forum/admin/in...ion=import

It works. But of course, anytime I try to save any changes, I get the 404 because it goes back to adding the /whatever in the url.

This happens every time I try to change/edit something in the admin panel. Can anyone help, please?
Same problem here. Shared hosting, Apache 2.2, MySQL 5, PHP 5.2.

Just have a look at your error logs as the error might actually be a 403 error which only ends up as 404 because you don't have the 403.shtml page in you forum directory (that was my case anyway).

That's all the info I have, I am still looking for a solution as well.
Can you paste the exact error you are getting here.

Also try [Wiki: Help:mod_security] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
For what it's worth.. My host recently upgraded Apache to Apache2 and in the process I started getting 403 errors when accessing sections in the ACP. I emailed support about it and they confirmed that it was a problem with mod_security. They fixed it and I haven't had any problems since.
I think someone else who had this problem said their host had upgraded Apache too... hmm.
I'm having the same problem - although my host has always had Apache 2 and I've never experienced any problems at all with other scripts.

Is anyone available to help me on this? I've checked through mod_security and still nothing

Undecided
I'm just wondering whether Wordpress has any part in this... considering it's doing this in a .htaccess file:

Quote:<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
</IfModule>

Wordpress is in the main directory (/) and the forum is in a directory (/beta/)...

Never too sure how this works, but if the ACP is following a link of index.php?module=config/settings&action... then surely WP will terminate it...?...
^^ I think this is a problem with WP too except when I remove the .htaccess, then I get 403 errors.

The EXACT error I'm getting:

Quote:Error 404: Page Not Found

Sorry, but you are looking for something that isn't here.

Return to the homepage…

Trying to access: http://throughtherain.net/forum/admin/in...sion_check

I've tried what is outlined in the Mod Security article to no avail. Actually, when I have no .htaccess in my main directory (WP installed) and change the .txt file to .htaccess in the forum directory, THEN I get 403 errors. If I leave the .htaccess in the WP directory and the htaccess in the forum directory, then I get 404 error.

If I have no .htaccess anywhere.. then I get 403 errors.
You get a 404 because Wordpress manages these errors to provide a nice "what you're looking for isn't here".

Same happens to me - so it can't be coincidence! I've tried all sorts (setting a base rewrite, removing Wordpress etc.) but only found 403 or 500 errors... Undecided
^^ Well, at least were in the same boat. This is so frustrating!
I finally heard back from my host. They had to whitelist my domain from mod_security. Everything works now.
(2008-10-27, 05:07 PM)jlee Wrote: [ -> ]I finally heard back from my host. They had to whitelist my domain from mod_security. Everything works now.

I'll contact mine and see if this works... I've been a customer for 3 years so they should pull me a favour for once!
Just to clarify, you need to contact your host to get this resolved.

More Information.