MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: User IDs changed and no posts in the forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I am trying to convert from PHPBB3 to MyBB1.4 using the merge system from the SVN.

After going through the entire process and everything reporting back successfully, I was surprised to see that none of the posts had copied across.

I was also unable to log in to the myBB forum (it accepted my username and password, but after refresh, only showed the guest settings).

And finally, I noticed that the userIds had changed.

Whereas I was previously user 67 in PHPmyBB, I am now user 5 in Mybb.

This screws things up, as I use Joomla and Community builder to make "Facebook/Myspace" style profile pages for our forum members. I was relying on the userid's being the same as they have always been, so that I could simply hardcode the profile URLs in myBB to point to the existing profile page.

Any chance the merge system could be altered so that it copies the existing userId instead of assigning a new one? Otherwise I cannot use myBB (nor can 10's of thousands of other Joomla users).

Cheers.
(2008-10-25, 10:08 PM)classixuk Wrote: [ -> ]After going through the entire process and everything reporting back successfully, I was surprised to see that none of the posts had copied across.

Link to your forum? If you view them in your mybb_posts table directly, are they actually missing?

(2008-10-25, 10:08 PM)classixuk Wrote: [ -> ]I was also unable to log in to the myBB forum (it accepted my username and password, but after refresh, only showed the guest settings).

Your cookies aren't set a correctly - Do a quick search as there are hundreds of topics on this

(2008-10-25, 10:08 PM)classixuk Wrote: [ -> ]And finally, I noticed that the userIds had changed.

Whereas I was previously user 67 in PHPmyBB, I am now user 5 in Mybb.

Yes, that is how it works. Otherwise you wouldn't be able to "Merge" now would you?