MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Opinion on my new theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello everyone!

It took me a couple of months, a restart, and maybe a bit of... "borrowing" ideas from other themes, but I've finally finished my theme and template set for MyBB. It's called "Firebird" and it's based on the iPod theme by the same name (also by me) which itself was based on the GUI for a game I've been working on. I've also themed the shoutbox, but you have to be a member to see that.

It's the default theme for my forum, for anyone that hasn't been there yet.

I'm working on a few other themes that use this template set, the "XP Royale" theme (the one that Media Center Edition uses) and the theme for our partner site to coax them over to the dark side... er, MyBB.

So, what does everyone think? Comments? Suggestions?
Looks good but doesn't scream modern to me. Looks a bit dated.
looks nice, like a phpbb template
(2008-10-25, 11:45 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Looks good but doesn't scream modern to me. Looks a bit dated.

How so? And do you have any suggestions for improving it?

I had to hack around the differences in the way every browser displays the groove border a little differently by just having two 1px solid borders, one with the light color and one with the dark. It was also useful for the inset and outset looks. I just have an "outset_h" and an "outset_v" (and inset versions) class, and having two outset elements next to each other created the groove between them.
(2008-10-25, 11:56 PM)Firestryke31 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2008-10-25, 11:45 PM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Looks good but doesn't scream modern to me. Looks a bit dated.

I had to hack around the differences in the way every browser displays the groove border a little differently by just having two 1px solid borders, one with the light color and one with the dark. It was also useful for the inset and outset looks. I just have an "outset_h" and an "outset_v" (and inset versions) class, and having two outset elements next to each other created the groove between them.

I personally envy you all Sad I wish that I knew how to make something nice. But I don't LOL I wish I just had half of your alls talents Smile
change te text color
Labrocca is right, it looks really dated. Like something from 1998.
(2008-10-26, 06:26 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: [ -> ]Labrocca is right, it looks really dated. Like something from 1998.

I can't really fix it if I don't know what's wrong...
its an awesome theme. Outdated? I dont think so. I do like shadow around the tables. Add some more blue on the header like the menu links and it would be perfect. Will you be releasing it to the public?
I like it
Pages: 1 2