MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: XAMPP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Anyone know how to use XAMPP?
You install it and you forget it.
On linux?
Type:
Quote:su
Then:
Quote:/opt/lampp/lampp start
XAMPP is fairly simple to use, and as Dan says, it's install and forget.

Running on windows, just simply download the package and remember to install services too and they'll be no problems. Once installed, just go to your browser and type in "localhost" as the url.
And obviously make sure you put all your PHP files in the HTDOCS directory.
And if you plan on making a public web server, make sure you take measures to secure it.
If he can't work out how to use XAMPP i don't think he is up to running a public server dan Toungue
ok can someone make me a tutorial
i got a router
and i got XAMPP on my windows xp sevrice pack 2

and i got 1TB space
and i wana make a public host.
for free

how do i get a nameserver for my XAMPP?
and how do i make it so ppl can register der own phpMyadmin and mysql
so basicly
like a webhosters.
Are you serious???

You even don't know to use XAMPP, a really simple software!

You want to make a public host???
You have a life, do with them something useful instead of this...

Sorry, but you really strange.
Sorry nimda but i would quit while your ahead. I don't recommend running a public server through xampp for a start, secondly have you considered bandwidth?, also it is not really a good idea to run a web server from XP as it wasn't designed for that. You also need a static IP and an ISP that allows you to run web hosting. You are also going to need admin panel software (which usually costs money) such as Cpanel if you want users to be able to control their accounts.

There are alot more reasons, particularly with security that you would need to address.

At the end of the day it is going to be cheaper and easier for you to just get some cheap shared hosting.
If you're running a residential internet account, you usually can't get more than 5 Mbps upstream connection at the best (probably only 1 or .5Mbps on the average). Compare this with 100Mbps for most hosts at real datacentres. Loading files from your computer is going to be painfully slow.
Pages: 1 2