MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: can't search?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There seems to be a problem with the search here I get this everytime I try to do a search

mySQL error: 2013
Lost connection to MySQL server during query
Query: UPDATE users SET lastactive='1127498631', timeonline=timeonline+3 WHERE uid='1924'
But it works on your forum?
oh yeah in my forum works. is just here that doesn't Sad
Well, its seems to work fine for me. What search terms are you using?
I have had this happen to me a few times I use this site's search. It takes so long for the search results page to open up, the server times out. Just reenter your search again, or wait a few minutes and everything should clear up.
kodaks Wrote:I have had this happen to me a few times I use this site's search. It takes so long for the search results page to open up, the server times out. Just reenter your search again, or wait a few minutes and everything should clear up.

that's what happened to me earlier.

I was looking for any info on log out
Chances are it was because part of the way through retrieving search results, I was running the database backup script.

However it could also be one of the deficiencies in the search script at the moment - which will be fixed in 1.1 or 1.2 where we make use of fulltext search features in MySQL 4 or use a word/index table.